Hello :) Don’t be sorry!
This is a super duper condensed list since it’s pretty late at night but… why do we ship Mazume?
1. We love how they bring out the best in each other
2. We love how they are so honest with each other
3. We love how their relationship isn’t based off the theme of passionate “first love” but “friends to lovers”, which in my opinion is the more realistic, relatable and the simple kind of love. (That really needs to be explored more in stories)
4. We love how Mamura and Suzume are always there for each other, in the good times and the bad.
5. We love how they’re both idiotic dorks
6. We love how they’re both so inexperienced in matters relating to love and relationships and so this gives them both opportunities to grow and develop
7. We love how their moments together feel so genuine and relatable
8. We love how Mamura just seems to know when Suzume is feeling depressed or in pain and would immediately go out of his way to fix that
9. We love how Suzume doesn’t feel insecure with Mamura in the slightest but is at her most comfortable and natural state when she’s with him
We could keep going but what we really wanted to get through with this is the main reason we ship Mazume as opposed to Shizume, is that we have a list of reasons why we don’t think the latter couple can work out, which I won’t discuss here, but we believe Mazume have the most potential to be end game.
And yes, as we have discussed before in the past, I don’t think it’s a secret anymore Mamura is down right popular not only within Japan but as you can see, internationally as well. From the crazy amount of tweets Yamamori sensei gets concerning Mamura (including fan art) from Japanese fans themselves, the Japanese netizen comments about Mamura (an estimate of 3:1 to Shishio/other characters), the recent news of the photoshoot just for Mamura himself… What I’m trying to get at is, because he is THAT popular in Japan, naturally they would want to ship him with the lead. They want him to succeed I guess, in obtaining the heroine’s affections.
PLOT TWIST: Shishio and Yuyuka actually end up together.
is it strange that I ship this? I SHIP THIS SO HARD SINCE THAT SCENE IN CHAPTER 62 OMG.
PLUS IF YUYUKA ENDS UP WITH SHISHIO IT’LL BE YAMAMORI MIKA’S ORIGINAL SCENARIO COMING TO LIFE
BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT PAINTS SHISHIO AS A GREAT SKEDADOO PEDOPHILE BECAUSE HE’S NOW GONE AFTER /TWO/ HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS AND NO I DON’T WANT THAT I WANT HIM TO BE HAPPY